"Grandma would never have stayed with us and out of pain if not for your 'angels' in the nursing staff. We believe your services gave us more time to love her. We thank you and pray God blesses every one of you in a special way."
A Patient's Granddaughter
Questions? Read More About Hospice
- What is it like to have Hospice Care?
Tell me more about hospice services in Catawba, Burke, Alexander, and Caldwell counties.
What about hospice in Lincoln, Iredell and Lake Norman?
- I've heard about hospice before. There are many misconceptions about hospice. Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Myths about Hospice article for those living in Catawba, Burke, Alexander, and Caldwell counties, or read the Hospice FAQ for Lincoln, Iredell & Lake Norman residents.
Hospice Care in Community Facilities
Hospice Facility Care Can Add Life To Your Days
Care Where You Live
Hospice is not a place; it is a comprehensive set of services that comes to you. Wherever you call home (nursing homes, rest homes, retirement centers and assisted living facilities), we can deliver.
Hospice Can Help
In partnership with your physician, PCHCV coordinates your care with the long-term care facility staff.
Facility Care Team
PCHCV has developed a special team of nurses, social workers, nursing assistants, counselors, chaplains, and volunteers to complement the excellent care provided to you by the facilities in our community. The Hospice Facility Care Team provides extra support for you when family cannot be present and assist with your care.
Services Delivered In Your Facility Include:
- Regular visits by hospice nurses for pain and symptom management
- Social work assistance to help answer your questions and resolve issues
- Personal care visits from nursing assistants in addition to those by facility staff
- Chaplain visits to assist with spiritual concerns as you request
- Trained volunteers who provide companionship and friendship
- Coordination of additional medical equipment and supplies as dictated by your illness
- Nurse and social work consultation for out-of-town family members
- 24-hour on-call availability of a Hospice nurse
- Grief counseling and support for the family during and after the resident's illness
If you would like more information on how PCHCV can add to a facility's care program, feel free to call the Admissions department at 828/466-0466, ext. 2379, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.